As you probably know, poor branding can be the downfall of a company so your brand and brand recognition are extremely important. Whether your business is just getting started, you’ve decided to rebrand, or simply need help improving your existing brand and getting recognition, there are a lot of things you can do. No matter what the reason, if you’re looking to improve your company brand, here are twelve things you can do to boost your brand recognition and image.
- Choose an unforgettable name. If you’re just getting started or are rebranding completely, it’s important to choose a name that will dazzle. You don’t want a name that’s easy to forget, too hard to spell or say, or that sounds way too close to a competitor’s name and will be confused. Although it doesn’t have to be complicated and out there, you want a name that will stick in the minds of your consumers.
- Back it with a great company. An awesome name and cool product is great an all, but if it’s not backed by a great company with employees who love to be there and incredible customer service, your brand isn’t going to thrive. Think about your company culture and focus on customer satisfaction when building your brand and continue to cultivate your company and culture as you grow.
- Appeal to emotions. Think about your brand and products, then think about what it is they do for people. Do they make a task easier? Do they support creativity? Do they support health and well-being? Emphasize that your brand and products reduce stress, inspire creation, or provide a sense of well-being in your marketing. Emotions are powerful.
- Focus on your messaging. Appearance is a big part of branding, but messaging is too. Don’t just focus on the visual aspect. Define what your values are then focus all of your messaging around them. Let your consumers know who you are, what you stand for, and why and how your products support that. Tell your story and connect with your consumers.
- Sponsor posts. There are popular bloggers in all different industries nowadays which makes spreading word about your brand through sponsored posts easier than ever. Research a popular blogger in your niche and reach out to them and propose a sponsored post. If they’re interested, you’ll be able to reach all of their regular readers as well as anyone else who comes across their post when looking for what they’ve written about.Be sure to give them a sample of the product they’ll be writing about so that they can be open and honest. Their readers trust them and if they give a good review or recommendation of your product, their readers will trust your product too.
- Be authentic. There’s no reason you need to copy your competitors or another company out there. You should be completely original, completely unique. You aren’t your competitor and they aren’t you. You’re offering something different, even if the product is similar or the same. Don’t try and match what the competition is doing, be authentic and highlight what it is that makes you unique.
- Get on social media. If your business isn’t on social media, it may as well not exist. Social media is an extremely important tool for businesses to market their products and educate consumers about their brand. People follow businesses on social media to engage with them, learn more about their products, get updates on deals, and stay in the know. Social media is a very helpful way to get in touch with your target audience and raise awareness about your brand.
- Launch a referral program. If you’re looking to get the word out about your brand and raise awareness, launching a referral program is a great way to do that. When customers get their family and friends to purchase your product, they get credit or even cash back which is great incentive to spread the word and help your brand get more recognition.
- Educate. Start a blog, create papers, publish fliers and information sheets… discuss your products and why you created them, then discuss what problems they solve and how. Educate them. Your consumers don’t want to be told that they should buy your products because they’re awesome, they want to know what makes them awesome which will then tell them why they should by from you.
- Use quality images. Although it may be cheaper to have your cousin’s niece snap some photos for you to put on your website and packaging, consumers will know that they’re cheap. The look and feel of your branding can sometimes make all the difference in a consumer’s purchasing decision because, let’s face it, we do judge some books by their covers. Design a quality logo and spend the extra money and make the extra effort to ensure that your images are high-quality and accurately represent your company and brand.
- Use custom packaging. Custom packaging is a great way to make a lasting impression on your customers. One company, Packlane, lets you design your own packaging in order to build your brand. You can choose from mailer boxes, folding cartons, and shipping boxes which you can then customize with your own text, artwork, color scheme, etc. Their online designer is easy to use and you can order as few or as many packages as you need. They have served popular brands including Shopify, Benefit, Red Bull, Loreal, Google, and more. Packlane knows just how important custom packaging is for a brand and provided a user-friendly, affordable solution for all different kinds of businesses.
- Be consistent. If you want consumers to recognize and trust your brand, the key is to be consistent. Be consistent in your messaging, your color schemes, your packaging, etc. If consumers can’t tell what you stand for and what your goals are, they won’t have as much trust in your brand.
- Consult an expert. If you’re looking to build your brand or rebrand completely, consulting a branding expert is a great way to get specifics about what it is they recommend you do. If you consult an expert, you’ll know exactly what it is you need to focus on in order to improve your brand and increase recognition without any guess work.
What do you think the biggest challenge of building a brand is? What do you think is most effective?Opinions expressed here by Contributors are their own.