It’s not always because they’re lazy. Sometimes, it’s because they can’t afford to go to a gym, can’t afford a gym membership or are just too busy. You honestly should never have an excuse not to exercise. There are plenty of exercises you could do right from home. You don’t have to workout for hours. Just 30 minutes to an hour can work wonders. So you have no excuses, everyone could put aside at least 30 minutes to get some exercise in. Exercise is very important to your overall health.
There are many at home exercises that anyone can do, that won’t cost you anything. The best ones to do are:
- Lunges – Challenging your balance is an essential part of a well-rounded exercise routine. Lunges do just that, promoting functional movement, while also increasing strength in your legs and glutes.
- Push Ups – One of the most basic, yet effective, body weight exercises you can do because of the number of muscles that are used to perform them.
- Squats With or Without Weights – Squats increase lower body and core strength, as well as flexibility in your lower back and hips.If you don’t have actual weights, you can use your own body weight. If you have to, you can even lean your back against a wall and just perform a squat.
- Sit Ups – Sit Ups are very effective on your abdominals. You do them by first lying flat on your back with your knees bent at a 90-degree angle. Place your hands on either side of your head. Push your lower back into the floor as you lift your shoulders. Make sure your lower back stays in contact with the floor.
- Planks – Great exercise for your core. These are done by first getting down on the floor in a push up position, but rest on your forearms rather than your hands. Make sure your back is straight and tense your abs and glutes. Hold without allowing your hips to move.
- Burpees – Burpees are a great full body workout. You start burpees from a standing position then you squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor and place your palms on the floor. From there kick your feet back as far as you can while keeping your arms extended. As soon as your feet land jump them back in towards your hands, then jump up into the air. Land and immediately squat down to go into the next rep. As you can see this are tougher than the others but they are amazing.
- Jumping Jacks – I’m sure everyone has done a jumping jack before. Probably not since back in your school days though. These are pretty self explanatory.
- Walking/Jogging – Walking and jogging are probably the best free exercise you can do. Start for a small amount of time and gradually increase your time as you see fit.
These are all wonderful exercises that anyone can do and do them from the comfort of their own home. Now you have no excuses not to work out. These are plenty of exercises you can start with that should keep you busy for a while before you need to move on to something more advanced. You don’t have to start by doing all of them, just do what you can and gradually work your way up. To a new you, with a happier, healthier life. God bless!
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.