Most people are currently dealing with things the best way they can. With the pandemic – we can’t say post-pandemic at this point -, inflation, shrinkflation, job layoffs, wars, abortion rights, job searches, and so on. There are, unfortunately, so many issues and situations that challenge the mentality of people daily.
This directly affects the productivity of the masses and, most importantly, how everyone interacts with each other. A societal powder keg. The pressures of life will lead to many lifestyle ailments, mostly byproducts of stress, that, if left unchecked, could lead to serious repercussions. Fortunately, there are quite a few methods to relax and ultimately attempt to reduce the fog and achieve mental clarity.
Edibles CBD and THC with traditional foods such as pumpkin seeds and eggs have been proven to not only stimulate the brain but allow a person to attain a level of clarity mentally that helps that person make informed decisions or just survive the day with a clear head. However, the road towards mental peace is far wider than the after-body effects of what a person can ingest. Luckily, further exploration is just minutes away for those who are already here.
Tips To Achieve Mental Clarity
- It should stand to reason that it would be easier for a person to garner clarity after a good long rest. Low mental clarity often follows physical exhaustion and mental fatigue. When someone is physically exhausted, they lack energy, motivation, focus, and engagement, it truly takes a toll on a person’s body. When people suffer from mental fatigue, they appear unmotivated and unhappy, even a bit disengaged. To combat this, a person should do all they can to get their sleep patterns as routine as possible. This should allow them to experience their circadian clock without any significant disturbances. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines this clock as the – internally driven 24-hour rhythm that regulates the alertness and drowsiness of a person. A person must attempt a proper sleep routine and stick to it as much as possible to have the best chance of waking with as clear of a mind as imaginable.
- For some people getting a good sweat in is one of the ways they can kick-start their brain into making well-informed decisions. Even just twenty to thirty minutes of walking would do a world of good, positively, on a person’s mentality. The very act of moving, sweating out toxins, and stimulating the circulatory system will put someone’s mind into a more positive state, which will help them think things through more effectively. One of the activities that is more commonly associated with mental clarity is yoga. By definition, yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India and aim to control and still the mind. Working with yoga will better a person’s breathing and meditation, which in turn would work wonders for their mental health and build mental clarity.
- After working out, the body needs sustenance. In addition to the water where any drop in hydration levels can have an impact on mood, energy levels, and mental clarity. When a person is properly hydrated, there is enough fluid for blood flow, and the brain functions better. Certain foods, once ingested, work on the brain’s chemistry to help lift the mental fog. Blueberries are known to be filled with antioxidants that can promote memory retention and reduce inflammation in the brain, which is linked to cognitive decline and diseases like Alzheimer’s. Foods containing omega-3 fatty acids are especially important for the brain and mental clarity. 60% of a human’s brain is made of fat, and half of that fat is omega-3, so fish filled with fat such as trout, herring, sardines, salmon, and tuna should be a huge part of a person’s diet. The brain uses omega-3s to build brain and nerve cells, and these fats are essential for learning and memory. Edibles that contain CBD are also known to boost brain function and activity. CBD helps the brain release more dopamine and serotonin. These neurotransmitters affect memory, focus, energy, and motivation, all pivotal components of mental health and eventual clarity. In addition to edibles, the best ways CBD could be absorbed to affect brain function is through oils, vapes, and capsules.
- To further the thought of using oils to help boost cognitive activity and function. There has been a movement toward more people attempting to use essential oils such as rosemary – there happens to be one particular chemical constituent within rosemary called 1-8 cineole, which helps to increase the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and that helps to boost memory, focus and concentration. Essential oils support memory and mental exhaustion, and its vibrant and oxide-rich smell can help to snap someone into the present. These oils have a penchant for clearing the mind and alleviating mental fatigue, and their inhalation has been shown to improve speed and accuracy on tasks involving heavy brain usage.
- The last couple of ways for a person to attempt to reach mental clarity have to do with patterning the mind in the hope that there will eventually be less clutter to sift through. For some people that means being more organized by taking notes and writing down thoughts that might help to boost memory or at least help to work out a particularly intense problem. Planning allows people to balance the scales of their life. If done correctly, a person would spend far less time performing tasks that simple planning would almost certainly prevent. A lack of planning is almost akin to a person setting up hurdles for themselves to run through or jump over, a kind of self-sabotage. When planning is placed at the forefront, there will be plenty of long desired extra time for a person to do not only what they want to do but what they need to do to achieve proper work/life balance. If there are times when someone feels uncertain about their work, it is likely due to a lack of planning. So in essence, planning helps to limit the uncertainty that lies within. Proper planning not only garners positive results but it also provides an unparalleled amount of mental clarity. That mental clarity promotes what everyone needs to be successful in their careers and, more importantly, their lives. Remember a clear mind is a powerful tool. Planning fosters consistency, and consistency is the plan of action for a person to reach their goals. In the end, planning should impact all areas of a person’s life, therefore, having the most significant possible effect on their mental wellness. Allowing them to be even more mindful of their emotional wellness.
- Finally, the ultimate way for a person to promote mental clarity within themselves is to reduce stress. Stress affects how a person’s brain works in ways that most people wouldn’t necessarily immediately notice – it can lead to racing thoughts, freeze critical thinking, or cause a person to think less positively about situations. Think of the brain as a computer, ongoing stress is one of the programs that run in the background and use up tons of memory and make everything else run slowly. A really apt description of how stress can affect the average person on a daily basis. It could be argued that all of the methods above to improve mental clarity are also ways to reduce stress. However, there are also more direct ways for a person to approach the stresses in their lives head on. Deep breathing is a great way to reduce the activation of the sympathetic nervous system, which controls the body’s response to stressors and threats. With regular practice, this method could have wondrous results. Another way to deal with stress is to improve relationships with other people. This sentiment harkens back to what was mentioned in the opening paragraph. Although everyone has their own individual issues and are dealing with their own adverse situations, it is important to have supportive family, friends and co-workers to lean on in life, it’s never too soon, or too late, to cultivate these important relationships. Which is a meaningful way to deal with or manage stress as humans are, at their core, societal creatures who thrive in the right communities.
Mental clarity is a purpose that should be aspired to each and every day. As each person is unique there are equally unique ways that may work for one person and may not for another.
The mind is affected by many different variables and each of these variables can impact a person’s ability to think clearly, stay attentive, and be productive. So while it is perfectly ok to have a day when nothing seems to be going right, it is ultimately important to make sure that the above methods, or even ones that were not mentioned, are used to get the mind as free and clear as it should be in order to not only to survive the rigors of each day but to flourish.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.