Useful tips from Cosmin Cernica, a London-based Instagram content creator, champagne lover, and storyteller who vicariously takes his thousands of loyal followers to amazing locations in the UK, Europe, and around the world inspiring them to appreciate and enjoy the finer things in life.
‘One who lives well’ is the literal translation of bon vivant, a term we’ve borrowed from the French to describe someone who appreciates the finest things in life, especially socializing, fine cuisine, and delectable drinks.
‘People associate the term ‘bon vivant’ with someone who flies private around the world, eats caviar for breakfast, and wears custom-made Chanel. That’s not it. A bon vivant means being cultured, refined, sophisticated. It means being tolerant and respectful of people who are different from us. It means living a life of excellence and discernment’, says Cosmin.
Here are some of his top tips on how to be a Bon Vivant:
- Learn how to appreciate art. Read about it, go to museums and art galleries, follow contemporary artists and their work on Social Media. Saturate yourself with art, even if you just look at postcards of great paintings or sculptures.
- Learn to shop smarter. Educate yourself about where products are made and make ethical choices as a consumer. When quality becomes a priority in the things you buy, you will look more sophisticated, feel more sophisticated, and naturally develop that radiant self-confidence. Don’t be afraid to discover less famous designers. Be authentic.
- Cultivate your online image. Don’t overshare – whether it’s words you write or photos you publish, avoid oversharing. This means both in the sense of your private life and in pure volume. A bit of mystery is always a plus.
- Observe the dining etiquette. Know what wine goes with what. Learn how to hold a wine glass – white and rosé always held by the stem. Learn how to use chopsticks.
- When It comes to fashion, expressing your true style is crucial. The way you dress is one of the most powerful forms of self-expression. Therefore, you should portray who you truly are.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.