If a person is recognized to be a citizen of two different countries, this means he/she is having dual citizenship. People opt for dual citizenship to avail benefits like holding properties, additional security, tax incentives, top-class health benefits, educational excellence, professional growth, and a chance to keep travelling globally.
The only thing you need to follow is the rules and regulations kept as pre-requisites by the expat country.
In this post, we will focus on the welfare of having dual citizenships for Americans, the top 5 countries that are considered to be the finest for dual citizenship for Americans, and the benefits of Italian dual citizenship for US citizens.
Welfares as Dual Citizenship For Americans:
- You can easily get job opportunities anywhere within the U.S and the country of which you have the other nationality. Simply, you will have a good choice of accepting job offers.
- If you are a U.S citizenship holder, you are allowed to travel globally without any restrictions, and you will not require any permission after a long stay in another country and getting back to the U.S.
- Green cards will be issued to your family very easily.
- You will have all rights as a citizen of the U.S along with other citizenship including the right to vote, and follow any political campaign.
- You or your children can have the opportunity to get an education in the U.S.
The top 6 countries that allow citizenship to be coupled with U.S citizenship are:-
- Canada (Canada allows dual citizenship with U.S citizenship to those people who are by-birth from the U.S)
- Dominican Republic (They allow dual citizenship to U.S expat citizens except for Dominican President, Vice-president, Diplomats, or U.S Consuls/Diplomats)
- Mexico (Mexican government does not permit voting to dual citizenship owners)
- El Salvador (Allows dual citizenships to those who are by-birth from El Salvador)
- United Kingdom (UK allows dual citizenship with U.S citizenship to those people who are by-birth from the U.S)
The above-stated details are taken from official and unofficial sources and aimed to provide general information only. As the legal laws of the U.S are very complex and change with time, therefore the mentioned information may not be 100% correct or latest.
The particular case of Italian dual citizenship
Now, let’s move on to the benefits of Italian citizenship along with U.S citizenship. You can avail of fantastic incentives and benefits by having dual citizenship in Italy and U.S. Some of those are explained below:
- Dual citizenship holders can enjoy educational and professional benefits in Italy, and all the member countries of the European Union (EU). They have a great choice of selecting the best institutions for education, and the best firms to work for and enhance their career.
- They can import cars, bikes, trucks, and any kind of vehicles from the U.S without paying any tax or fee.
- Their social and political rights are protected. For example, U.S citizens that hold Italian citizenship have the right to vote.
- U.S citizens are allowed to purchase and legally own properties in Italy. Isn’t it great to have more assets for a safe future for your kids/family?
Please be aware: the right way to get dual citizenship is always following the rules and regulations of your national laws. Remember to have legal advice, before processing your request for Italian U.S dual citizenship.
It is expected that this post has already answered many questions in your mind.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.