Today’s workplaces require the use of more collaboration tools than ever before. Fortunately, there are a lot of great options available to help you succeed here. However, this does make it difficult to sort through all these tools since it can feel as too many of them exist. With this in mind, here are some of the most useful enterprise collaboration tools you’ll want to sort through today.
This is one of the fastest growing startups to date. It’s a powerful team messaging app that millions of remote team members throughout the world use to communicate in real-time. Doing so helps them stay more organized with the various projects they have going on. Some of the most notable features include notification and reminder settings that help you keep track of your conversations. This is why most companies are already using it and, if you are not, you’ve at least heard of it. Other features include:
- A centralized location for your team to easily share files that you can also search through without logging into your Gmail account
- You can send direct messages (DMs) and files
- The ability to organize conversations in different channels for things like specific projects, technical support, and general chat
- Video calling allows for more in-depth work to be completed
- Drag, drop, and share files with your colleagues directly within Slack
- Use hashtags to highlight keywords during discussions so you can quickly find relevant chat histories later
- Store and archive all messages within the platform
- Easily integrate this platform with Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box so you can share files simply by dragging and dropping them into this program
Launched in 2008, Asana is one of the oldest and most well-known collaboration platforms. Today, it’s used by companies like Pinterest, Intel, Uber, and TED to track their employees’ work. Features include:
- Create to-do lists and calendars for ongoing projects
- Set reminders for upcoming deadlines
- Send messages and requests to colleagues
- Organize all projects in a list or board format
- The search function enables you to quickly and easily locate past work
- Assign comments to posts within the app
Asana is an easy way to track your employees’ work so you can get the best possible results. It’s also a very effective way to stay really well organized so any conversations you facilitate about how work is progressing can be easily documented. This is best used by small teams, though, because there aren’t any advanced tools available.
Podio is a flexible, customizable online platform that your team can use for working and communicating together. With it, you can organize a lot of work and delegate tasks to your team members. Here, you’ll get to share files, easily view the status of ongoing projects, and get feedback on what you’re currently working on. These functionalities are combined into an easy-to-use interface that’s also available as a mobile app for your smartphone or tablet. You’ll also appreciate how much integration ability you have with third-party services and apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and Zendesk.
This is yet another well-known project management collaboration tool. It offers companies an easy way to organize teams, projects, and tasks through the use of Kanban-style project boards and individual task cards that are similar Post-It notes. Trello is a great way for your whole team to stay up-to-date with all aspects of the projects you’re working on simply by glimpsing at the board. You can easily edit, delete, and move these cards around on each board to keep your team’s projects well organized. Within these boards, you can also set up to-do lists and delegate these tasks to your employees. They can also comment on these cards (you can use emojis to do so, too), which is a quick way to give everyone feedback.
Trello also has numerous integrations with other apps including Evernote, GitHub, Google Drive, and Slack. With the additional ease this offers, this suite of collaboration tools acts like a digital note board for everyone to access and use with ease since you can simply drag things around.
Chanty allows for seamless communication and collaboration with features including instant messaging, audio and video calls, unlimited search history with voice transcripts, easy file sharing, and notification options. What sets it apart, though, is its algorithm that predicts responses and saves you valuable time.
This software is popular among SaaS companies for many reasons, including:
- You can integrate this tool with Sketch so you can add your artboard without uploading each image individually
- You don’t have to start with a completely blank canvas thanks to the selection of pre-made templates available to make you more efficient
- Navigation is made easy with unique mouse controls and specific frame sizes
- Post-it notes can be used to write down ideas and provide feedback, which improves your collaboration with colleagues
Dialpad was formerly known as Switch.co. This tool combines enterprise communications with a business phone system. Some of its best features include toll-free numbers, local numbers, and department lines. The system is designed in a way that makes it easy to integrate with Google Apps and Office 365.
This app is very similar to Slack but somewhat less daunting even though it has more comprehensive communication tools. It offers you the ability to:
- Search through up to 10,000 messages, files, and links to easily find what you need
- Make audio and video calls
- Share your screen
- Create polls
- Share notes and reminders
- Assign tasks to certain team members
You can also integrate it with up to 5 third-party integrations like Google Drive and Twitter so your notifications appear directly in these channels.
Thousands of project teams worldwide use this tool. It features projects with task assignments and to-do lists, file sharing, separate dashboards for each client, message boards, email and desktop notifications, and in-app commenting.
This is one of the fastest design programs available. It lets your team quickly proof and edit documents and captures it all by highlighting them (something you can hide when necessary). Prototyping and interface development are also simple with this tool. To get started, simply upload your designs as interactive prototypes with all the gestures, transitions, and animations. Then, your colleagues and clients can comment and provide feedback.Opinions expressed here by Contributors are their own.