If you’ve ever used Snapchat, or are an active user, you already know what a powerful platform the app can be. (If you’re not a user, then I strongly encourage you to create an account now!) But when it comes to Snapchat, it’s all about getting more followers. Without those followers, you can’t reach potential clients and customers. Today I would like to dive into this topic further so you can truly start dominating with Snapchat.
Cross-promote your Snapchat on other social media platforms
The simplest way to get more Snapchat followers is to leverage your other social media platforms.
That way, your other social followers can discover you on Snapchat!
Here are some way to cross-promote your Snapchat:
• Post your Snapcode on Instagram
• Set your Snapcode as your profile on Facebook for a few days
• Post your Snapchat story on Instagram and Facebook and let people know that if they want to see more, they should follow you
• Post your Snapchat URL and/or username in your Instagram and Twitter bios
Promote your Snapchat on your website and emails
If people are on your website or email list, they’re likely somewhat interested in your brand, business, or message. They might be interested in your Snapchat too!
You can use this as an opportunity to grow your Snapchat following.
Here are a few ways you can do this:
• Feature your snapcode in the sidebar of your website
• Sign off blog posts with your Snapchat username
• Add your Snapchat username to the end of your emails
Interact with followers
When you interact with individual followers, you can build an engaging community on Snapchat as well as a ton of trust with your followers. You also show that you’re not just talking at them – you care about what they have to say.
Here’s how you can interact with your followers in a way that improves your following:
• Give shoutouts and promote others. Once or twice a week, you can call out someone who has done a great job of interacting with you. This will encourage your other followers to engage with you more often.
• Ask for feedback. Ask your followers for feedback on your Snap Stories. Ask them about what they want to see more of and/or less of. Then thank your audience and incorporate that feedback into your stories!
• Host contests and competitions. Announce that you’re offering a prize for one of your followers who screenshots or replies to an individual Snap.
Consistency is crucial among all forms of social media, especially Snapchat.
If you Snap for a few days, then disappear for a few weeks, your followers will lose trust in you. You’ll get fewer views and some people will even unfollow you.
Overall, it’s just bad for credibility.
So try to Snap consistently (i.e. everyday). If you know you won’t be able to Snap for a few days, let your followers know you’ll be MIA and tell them the reason why. This will maintain their trust, and they’ll know they can expect a new story from you when you come back.
Get on Ghostcodes
Ghostcodes is an app that lets you discover other Snapchat accounts based on certain categories like entertainment, business, fitness, health, etc.
You can create a profile, share your interests, and start ranking for your category.
In doing so, you can be discovered by a lot more people – what’s more, those people will be interested in your particular category, so they’ll naturally be more interested in your story and message.
Your Ghostcodes account is ranked based on the “purple hearts” you get from the rest of the Ghostcodes community. So be sure to interact with other users in your niche, network a bit, and share your Ghostcodes account whenever you get a chance.
Partner with influencers
You can team up with other influencers on Snapchat. This is another place where Ghostcodes comes in handy.
You can check out the influencers in your category and reach out to them to see if they’ll give you a shout-out. Or, the two of you can do a Snap swap (i.e. post a Snap story on each other’s accounts and give a CTA to follow your account).
Authenticity is key. With Snapchat, people want to see the real you. And the more of that they see, the more they are to trust you and your business, and the more likely they are to buy from you.
You can show behind-the-scenes content about your life and your thoughts on specific topics and blend those with niche content that’s relevant to your business.
Offer limited-time discounts
You can create a discount URL on your website, offering a limited-time discount on a particular product/service. For example, answer1.com/snapchatdiscount.
Then, you can give them the discount code in your Snap, and explain that the code expires in X amount of time (for example, 1 hour).
This adds urgency and scarcity to your offer—two key pieces for making a sale.
Include strong Calls-to-Action
We touched on calls-to-action in our last Snapchat post but we focused those call-to- action on increasing engagement with your followers. Here, we’ll focus on calls to action to make a sale.
Here are a few ways you can do this:
· Direct followers to a specific product page with a URL
· Tell your followers to sign up for your email list and give them a compelling reason to do so
· Provide discount codes for affiliate products
Snapchat can be powerful for your business. But in order to harness that power, you need to know how to get more followers, and also to turn those followers into customers.
By implementing the strategies from this post, you can do both! So, take action and get started today!
Have you gotten any clients from Snapchat yet? If so, how did you do it? Let us know in the comments below!