Just because you’re working as a “full-time” freelance writer doesn’t necessarily mean you’re generating enough income to live a comfortable life. In fact, during the early days of your career, it’s common to consider other ways of generating income.
If you find yourself in this situation, here are two bits of advice that can help:
- Search for unique opportunities within the writing niche (since this is your career, anyway)
- Search for online opportunities, as these are easier to fit into your online-based freelance writing career
With the above in mind, let’s look into three of the best ways to make extra money as a full-time freelance writer:
- Become an Academic Writer
There’s a lot of gray area with this one, but it’s an opportunity that almost every freelancer will have in their career.
As an academic writer, you assist students with all types of content creation. This can include but is not limited to essays, book reports, and research papers.
While there’s good money to be had, you must answer this question: are you okay with the idea of assisting students with their homework? If the answer is yes, you should then find a reputable service that is known for not crossing any moral lines.
- Take Paid Surveys
It’s not the exact same thing as freelance writing, but it’s a similar line of work. Rather than create unique content on behalf of clients, you’re completing surveys for which you get paid cash, gift cards, or points you can redeem online for products and services.
- Become a Researcher
The most successful freelance writers are top-notch researchers. So, if you have this skill, you might as well put it to good work (and make some extra money along the way).
A quick search on Upwork will turn up plenty of research work. Along with this, you can reach out to companies directly. There’s no shortage of companies that require research assistance. Here are some example verticals:
- Coupon and deal services: With coupons and deals changing by the hour, these services need all the help they can get. Companies like Wethrift, DealDrop, RebateKey, and Coupon Mom are just a few of the hundreds of coupon and deal services to reach out to.
- Travel services: Even the biggest online travel services, such as Expedia and Priceline, hire contractors for research-based projects.
- Ecommerce stores: Regardless of industry, size, or audience, eCommerce stores need to stay current on everything from inventory to competitors. Don’t be shy about contacting eCommerce stores that interest you to offer your services.
Now, do you see just how easy it is to earn extra money as a full-time freelance writer? Get creative and watch your income move to the next level!
Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Author. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Author to disclose. Accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.