Looking back through history, the wheel is essentially the cornerstone of modern civilization. It brought us transportation, and transportation afforded us the systematic transfer of goods. From farm to market, and from market to table, the movement of products in bulk has been the single most important adaptation of the last 10,000 years.
The freight and logistics is the cornerstone of the global economy, and is 10% of the United States GDP. It is arguably the largest industry on the planet.
Over time, however, the industry has become fragmented (none of the systems communicate with each other), over $50 billion a year is chalked up to theft alone (just in the U.S.,) brokers charge outrageous markups and there’s no go-to industry platform that actually does its job with full transparency. ShipChain is about to change all that. You can read more about how ShipChain is improving the freight and logistics industry in the whitepaper.
Following the success of our token sale for the ongoing development of our platform (currently in beta release and full launch soon with Perdue Farms), starting today January 14th at https://www.shipchain.io we will begin the process of signups for our Telegram community airdrop.
- The signup process will last for approximately two weeks.
- We plan for the distribution of airdrop tokens around the same time as the release of the rest of the tokens.
- We will be airdropping a total of 1,250,000 SHIP tokens divided evenly to our Telegram community members as a thank you. This figure is a good-faith estimate, subject to change, and we cannot guarantee any amount of tokens to any participants.
- Community airdrop is open for ALL members of our Telegram community to participate.
To be eligible:
- You have to be an active member of our Telegram group. An “active member” means anyone that is a member of our Telegram community before the airdrop signup process is complete, which is two weeks from the Jan 15th start date.
- Pass KYC/AML. (Know Your Customer/Anti-Money Laundering) This is a simple form we will have you fill out, it will be emailed to you within 1-3 weeks of completing this registration.
- Have a valid ERC20 non-exchange wallet.
- SHIP is an ERC20 compatible token; it can be stored in any standard ethereum wallet; such as MyEtherWallet (MEW), Metamask, and the official Mist or Parity clients.
- We will only release the details in our Official ShipChain Announcement Channel.
- Be wary of anyone who private messages you claiming to be from ShipChain—asking for your information.
- The ONLY submission process for the airdrop will occur at https://www.shipchain.io.
DO NOT give your PRIVATE KEYS to anyone. No one from ShipChain will ask you for this.
After the airdrop registration is complete, the smart contract will be finalized and audit will begin. The audit takes approximately 2-4 weeks. The airdropped tokens will be released when the public token distribution occurs from the presale—We are scheduled for early March 2018; we make no guarantees about token release date, we will try to release earlier if possible, and we will delay until later if necessary.
The following countries we cannot legally allow to participate:
- Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe, and Somalia.
Opinions expressed here are the opinions of the author. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and can not investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the author to disclose. VIP Contributors and Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles, are professional fee-based.
Shipping is complicated. It shouldn’t be. ShipChain is making transport and logistics more effective, secure and transparent by utilizing blockchain technology. It was founded with the mission of solving the greatest problems facing the logistics industry today. Our solution requires deep technology, but our vision is quite simple. Imagine a fully integrated system across the entire supply chain – from the moment it leaves the factory, to delivering the finished product to the customer’s doorstep – federated in trustless, transparent blockchain contracts. This is an official ShipChain column in partnership with Influencive, some of Influencive’s Founders may have an involvement and/or financial interest in ShipChain.