Nancy Almodovar is perhaps one of Houston’s busiest entrepreneurs. As the CEO of Nan & Company Properties, she runs the city’s largest local real estate brokerage, which is Houston’s exclusive affiliate for Christie’s International Real Estate. Nancy balances being a top female founder with also being a mom of two kids, so optimizing her schedule and daily routines is often critical to getting it all done in a day.
We caught up with Nancy to get a look into a day in the life of one of Houston’s top real estate executives and the most important habits that she follows each day for success.
Rise Early and Meditate
Like many of the world’s top entrepreneurs and business leaders, Nancy is an early riser and immediately devotes time to getting herself set up for success the rest of the day. Then she takes time to connect with family and prepare her to-do list.
- 4:45 AM – Wake Up
- 5 AM – I have my first cup of coffee and a 20-minute meditation. Meditation has become a huge part of my routine, and I find it to be a MUST for a successful day.
- 5 AM – 5:30 AM – Coffee with my husband (every morning!) to catch up and gather our thoughts for the rest of the day.
- 5:30 AM – 6:50 AM – I work on my to-do list for the day and on the calls and emails I need to make.
- 6:50 AM – Wake up the kids, get them dressed, get myself dressed, put on my face for the day.
- 7:45 AM – My husband or I will drop our kids off at school. Once they are settled I am on my way to the office.
Dedicate Time to Connecting With Your Team
As a leader, Nancy spends a significant portion of her time connecting with the people on her team as well as her clients. She relies on an executive assistant who helps keep all of the details of her demanding schedule organized and she makes time specifically to connect with a number of her employees and check in on them.
- 8:00 AM – Get to the office and make my second cup of coffee, which I usually drink with a juice.
- 8:30 AM – I meet with my executive assistant to walk through the day and discuss what we want to achieve. We have so many projects coming together right now, so I have to-do lists every day for the specific things we want to complete.
- 9 AM – I meet with my administrative staff in the office to make sure everything is running smoothly and everyone is on the same page.
- 10 AM – I start calling my agents (the Nanfam!) to catch up on their listings and work on any new developments we are working on together. I like to check in with my agents every single day.
- 12 PM – I have a quick lunch and a few more meetings
- 2:45 PM – Go pick up my kids from wherever I am and drop them off at home. If they don’t have activities I will continue working from my home office or I will attend a meeting if scheduled.
Make Time For Health and Family
Nancy carves out time in her schedule each day to also stay balanced with time spent working out and being with her family.
- 5 PM – 6 PM – Work out
- 6:30 PM – Dinner
- 7 PM – 8 PM – Mommy time, dinner, bath, put the kids to bed and talk about their day.
- 8 PM – 9 PM – I follow up with emails and calls I have missed.
Have a Pre-Sleep Routine
Many successful entrepreneurs talk about the importance of their nightly routine before bed to help them unwind and also prepare for success the next day. Nancy closes out her day similarly with time spent on self-care and recharging for the next day ahead.
- 9 PM – 9:30 PM – Skincare
- 9:30 PM – 10 PM – I read something interesting and then lights off!