Our office, whether at home or at work, is where we spend most of our time outside of the bedroom. It’s where we close off the outside world and, as best-selling author Dan Meredith would say, “Get sh*t done.” For others, it’s their sanctuary.
Think about it, we spend on average eight hours sleeping and another eight hours working. The rest of the time we’re trying to fit everything else in. For me, that means swim meets, Karate and Aikido classes, homework and all those other little things parents have to get done. So if you’re going to be spending almost one-third of your adult life in your office, it should be dressed for success. You do that with posters and books.
I love walking into an office with quotes on the wall or a bookshelf filled with famous novels and business books. They tell us something about the person we’re talking to. But while the books might sit on the shelves gathering dust, the framed quotes are out for us all to see day in and day out. I love looking around my office and seeing inspirational quotes. We all need a little reminding from time to time.
Here are some powerful quotes from people in all different fields you might want to put up in your office.
- “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” —Jim Rohn
- “When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer.” —Hans Gruber, Die Hard
- “A small leak will sink a great ship.” —Benjamin Franklin
- “With great power, comes great responsibility.” —Spiderman
- “Almost everything comes from almost nothing.” —Henri-Frederie Amiel
- “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” —Napoleon Hill
- “Lack of money is the root of all evil.” —George Bernard Shaw
- “Inside of every problem lies an opportunity” —Robert Kiyosaki
- “If you do today what others don’t, you will be able to do tomorrow what others can’t.” —Keith Cunningham
- “Begin with the end in mind.” —Stephen Covey
- “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough people get what they want.” —Zig Ziglar
- “Like it or not, we live in a world that keeps score.” —Joe Montana
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” —Steve Jobs
- “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” —Bill Gates
- “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.” —Andrew Carnegie
- “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” —Maximus Aurelius
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” —Myles Munroe
- “People are afraid of what they don’t understand.” —Jonathan Kent
- “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” —Henry Ford
- “The inability to delegate properly is one of the main reasons executives fail.” —J.C. Penny
- “We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves.” —Alice Bloth
- “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” —William Arthur Ward
- “It’s not can you. It’s will you.” —Tony Robbins
- “Bad excuses are worse than none.” —Thomas Fuller
- “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, ‘What’s in it for me?'” —Brian Tracy
- “Silent gratitude isn’t much good to anyone.” —Gladys Bronwyn Stern
- “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” —Peter Drucker
- “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” —Jon Hammond
- “Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” —Batman
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” —Michael Jordan
Opinions expressed here are the opinions of the author. Influencive does not endrose or review brands mentioned.