If you want to bring more exposure to your brand online, then you need to be on Twitter. While Twitter is one of the best platforms to have your brand on, it’s also one of the hardest.
This is because you need to put out a large volume of content to keep your followers on Twitter, compared with other social media platforms that require less. The key to Twitter is to figure out how to keep your followers hooked to your content and produce that content in a highly productive way.
With this in mind, let’s talk about how to use Twitter automation without sabotaging your brand, and the top automation tools available.
Top Twitter Automation Tools (2020)
We all need a little bit of help with our Twitter growth sometimes. Let’s take a look at what we think are the best Twitter automation tools out there so that you can use them to your advantage and continue to grow your Twitter profile in the right direction.
How could we possibly go past Twesocial as an excellent Twitter automation choice? We honestly think that this company is one of the best, and if you care about your Twitter growth, then you need to try them right now.
We love that they can help you with every aspect of your automating your account so that you can find the optimum audience for your content.
We also love that they offer their clients a dedicated account manager, and their pricing isn’t all that bad either. They are dedicated, relatable, and personal with a great reputation in the industry already. They also have multiple ways to pay, so if you want to pay with PayPal, for example, you can. What’s not to love about this company?
How much did you love hearing about Twesocial for your Twitter automation? If you think that you want to try it now, then you’ll also want to try Tweeteev as well. Both of these companies have the same features, which means that you can use either or, as well as both.
Tweeteev comes with organic growth that is effortless and doesn’t require any more work than normal on your end. They also promise that all of your followers are going to be targeted, so that you can find the best audience for your Twitter, and stick with them all the way.
We love this company because they show that they care about their clients in everything that they do.
The one thing that we have to say about Hootsuite’s automation tool before you go off to use them is that they’re pretty advanced, so you should have a bit of experience in the industry already before you dive in.
However, while the learning curve at the beginning may be a bit steep, we still think that they’re completely worth it and that if you have the time to dedicate to learning a bit more about them, you can end up doing really well.
We love that they’re the kind of company who can help you with other platforms other than Twitter, too, which means that they can help with it all. They have various payment methods and great customer support.
Tweepi wants to help you grow your Twitter account through their automated tool, and they claim that they are trusted by thousands of people that use Twitter.
They say that they have some pretty sophisticated tools that you can use to grow your Twitter account, and they can help you get noticed as well so that you can ultimately grow your brand and take it to the next level.
We love that they appear to have real, positive reviews on their website, and we love that they have a great customer support network, so that you can stay safe and productive while using them.
Buffer claims to be a Twitter automated service that can help you with authentic engagement. They also claim to be simpler than most, so that you can be a veteran of the industry or a beginner – it doesn’t matter, they can help you either way. We love that they have a free trial for two weeks, which is potentially the longest free trial that we have come across in this industry.
They also say that you don’t have to share your credit card details to check out their free trial, which is a great level of security to have – we’ll talk about that a little bit later on. One of the biggest perks of using a company like this? You can cancel their services anytime. What’s not to like about this company?
They say that they can even let their clients mix and match their tools, so you work out what you need help with the most and they can get it sorted.
Do you need a bit of help to figure out your Twitter scheduling? Then you need to try a company like Social Oomph. This company thinks that they know a thing or two about helping their clients with their scheduling, and we’re inclined to agree.
We love that they can help you whether you’re a lone wolf or part of a team, and they can also help you with blog posts on your website as well.
This is the kind of company that you need for your Twitter automation to make sure that everything gets published when it needs to so that you don’t fall behind and lose some of your community members. Check them out today and see why they’re so popular.
Agora Pulse says that with their automation software, managing your social media accounts has never been easier. They claim that they can help you get the right kind of reports, engage in followers, and schedule your content so that you can have more time to come up with awesome tweets.
They say that you can try them for free today, and you can even book a demo so that they can show you exactly how they work to grow your Twitter account. Agora Pulse says that they have some pretty powerful features that they can use to make sure that everything is sorted for your Twitter. We love their positive reviews and think that their pricing is pretty good as well.
If you haven’t heard of Jarvee yet for automation, then we think it’s about time that you did. These guys are one of the longest standing Twitter automation tools in the industry, and while you might think this means that they are old and out of date, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
In reality, they are a strong company that has gone from strength to strength over the years, yet haven’t really changed their pricing all that much.
They remain loyal to their clients, offering a dashboard that you can download and use for your Twitter growth. We love companies like Jarvee that stick to what they know because it’s so effective.
Why Twitter Automation?
So, why Twitter automation, then? Because it’s an effective, efficient way to make sure that you’re keeping up with your busy social media schedule, especially when you’ve got a brand to run as well.
The concept of automation is being able to deal with the engagement side of things so that you can have more time to run the brand and come up with new content.
When companies like Twesocial can help you grow your following, you can free up your time a little bit to focus on the bigger picture.
Twesocial is one of the most effective ways to grow your Twitter presence. Their smart, simple features can get you where you want to be, and they even come with a personal account manager who can run everything for you.
What to Avoid With Automation
So, what should you be avoiding with automation, then? There are a lot of companies out there that you can trust like Twesocial, but then you’ve got others that you can’t.
One of the things that you should try and avoid completely is automation services that cover everything because you don’t want everything to go on autopilot. You still want your engagement to have an essence of humanity to it.
Let’s take a look at what you need to avoid when it comes to automation.
- Being Too Robotic: you’ve got to make sure that you avoid coming across as too robotic. Remember, your customers want to be a part of a community, and they want to feel that they’re interacting with a brand that is composed of humans, not robots. The more personality your brand has and the more relatable it is, the better your users will respond. Twitter users feel more connected with brands that interact with them actively. So, use automation where it counts, but try to keep it to a minimum.
- Public Faux Pas: while automation tries its best, there are times that it falls short, and one of these times is failing to get the timing right with your upcoming scheduling. This means that if you accidentally say the wrong thing at the wrong time on your social media, you could end up with a PR disaster on your hands. You’ll need to spend extra time backpedaling from your mistake that you could be putting into your business instead.
- Lack of Customer Engagement: posting tweets at the right time every day is inherent to getting it right with your existing and hopeful client base. However, if you are posting a lot of tweets throughout the day, but you don’t have someone who can interact with engagement on the posts, you’re setting yourself up for failure. Most of the people that use social media to buy from brands these days expect to get a pretty quick response, so it’s up to you to make sure that you’ve got someone who can do this. Automation can’t handle this side of things sufficiently.
Using Automation the Right Way
Twitter account automation, when used in the right way, can boost your brand’s exposure, and increase your social proof without ruining your reputation at the same time. Just remember that it can be used in conjunction with other engagement strategies, but it’s not recommended that you use it exclusively.
Let’s take a look at how to use automation the right way.
- Find the Right Tools: there are plenty of the right tools online like Twesocial that can turn your automation life around without making your brand look too robotic. Remember, Twitter requires a lot of work to build up, so having a company like Twesocial on your side is invaluable. Make sure to use your automation company to help you with the simple tasks while you focus on being at the helm of the more complicated ones still.
- Keep up the Personality: if your brand is already pretty well established, you should have a good idea of what your brand’s personality is. You need to make sure that your brand voice is consistent with everything that you do in relation to it. This includes automation – make sure that you set it up to maintain your brand’s voice, instead of drowning it.
- Be Careful With Your Content: nobody wants to follow a brand that’s always promoting their product. First, make sure that you can figure out what your audience likes to see, and then try to mix things up every now and then so that they can get a variety of different kinds of content from you.
- Keep With a Schedule: one of the best ways to win on Twitter is to make sure that you come up with the optimal schedule, and then stick to it. To keep your audience engaged, you need to be consistent so that they know exactly when to expect a new piece of content. This is where a post scheduler can come in – they can help you come up with that schedule so that you can put more time and effort into your content creation. Remember, you also need to find the time to monitor what’s happening with your account as well – which your Twesocial account manager can assist with, too.
- Listen to What Your Customers Want: as we mentioned briefly above, you’re going to get a much better idea of what your Twitter profile should look like if you listen to your clients. You can do this through analyzing your weekly reports and stats, and figuring out what they like the most, and what they don’t like. It’s also worth spending a bit of time responding to people as well so that they feel included and a part of your brand’s community.
What’s the Difference Between Cheap and Affordable?
You might have already been able to guess this, but there’s a big difference between cheap and affordable in the industry of social media marketing. Because there are so many companies out there that claim to help you with the same thing, you need to be able to figure out which ones are legit and which ones aren’t through their pricing.
If you’ve come across a service that has rates that feel too good to be true, then we have bad news for you – they probably are. They probably are too good to be true because there is no way that a reputable, upstanding Twitter automation tool can sell you high-quality services for a fraction of what it cost them to make it.
No, the margins aren’t razor-thin in this industry, but they do require a bit of buffering from the client’s end. Make sure that you’re prepared to spend a bit more on your automation so that you can get the best option out there.
What About Their Team?
So, what about their team?
It didn’t make itself, right? This means that there is a group of people behind the service that have developed it over time to help you with your growth. While this is great news for you, if you want to align with a company that cares about your reputation, you need to make sure that you find one who can share a little bit about those people behind the services at first.
It’s no fun partnering up with a company that can’t tell you anything about the people behind the features – otherwise, you have no idea whether you can trust them or not.
What About a Free Trial?
Another thing that is a good indication of a reputable company is that they can offer you a free trial of their services before you commit to anything.
This means that you can get to know them and how they work before you sign up and spend money, which is the best way to work out if they’re a good fit for your needs or not. If you can’t try them out for free, then this is a bit concerning, and we’re not sure that you should trust them.
We also don’t think that you should trust a company if you can’t try their services for free without sharing your credit card number. This means that there’s every chance they’re going to charge your card after the fact – and nobody wants that.
Why Hashtags Are So Important for Twitter
So, you might not know this about Twitter, but it actually was the first platform to have hashtags. Yup, the hashtag originated on Twitter.
This means that while hashtags have spread far and wide now to include most social media channels, it’s still super important that you have your hashtag strategy up to scratch if you want to do well on the popular social media site.
Without good hashtags, you haven’t got a hope of doing so well. This is why you’ve got to remember to find hashtags that are relevant to your niche and a good balance between trending and obscure. Don’t use too many, either – experiment a bit so that you can find your sweet spot with it.
Listen to Your Customers
Twitter automation is an excellent way to take some of the heat away from you so that you don’t have to do everything on your own. However, you shouldn’t rely on it to the point that you don’t have any interactions with your clients at all anymore.
You still want to be able to build a community around your product and make sure that your clients can talk to you when and if they need to. This is why you need to continue to listen to your customers, and take in what they like and what they don’t like.
This also allows you to change things up when need be to keep them satisfied. Check-in with your analytics from time to time, and make sure that they reflect a happy, healthy community.
Keep Up A Solid Schedule
Twitter is a pretty competitive environment, just like all the other social media platforms these days. This means that if you’re not keeping up with a stringent schedule, you’re going to quickly fall behind.
You will end up losing your community to another, similar Twitter profile, and you won’t be able to maintain your social proof. This is why it’s important to choose a realistic schedule for your niche and industry and stick to it.
One of the best ways to keep up with a good schedule on Twitter is to automate it. The right service can help you figure out the best schedule for your needs, and find a way to stick to it.
They might even be able to help you post content that you’ve already created so that you don’t even have to think about it.
Curate Your Posts Carefully
When it comes to automation options out there, we’ve come across plenty that can help you not only with your content schedule but with curating your content as well.
There are a lot of companies that not only want to help with your engagement, but want to help you figure out which content is going to be best for your brand, and which isn’t. This way, you can give your clients what they need, and you can keep on top of your Twitter growth without having to stress too much about it.
If You Want to be Successful, Be Strategic
As you can see, Twitter is a bit of a hard nut to crack, because it’s somewhat complicated. It requires a different set of rules than other platforms out there, so it might take a little bit of getting used to.
This is why it’s so important to find a high-quality automation tool like Twesocial, and then remember to switch things up a bit and not automate everything to do with your Twitter.
Find a healthy balance, learn what your audience wants to see from you, and before you know it, you’ll be reaching new heights with your Twitter profile.
Fact is, automation is a great way to increase your Twitter followers. Twitter is a gateway to your brand, so make sure that you’ve got the best resources on your side to get you through.Opinions expressed here are the opinions of the author. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and can not investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the author to disclose. VIP Contributors and Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles, are professional fee-based.
Fred is a BA Business Management graduate who has been living in South East Asia for 6 years. It was during this time that he began to teach himself marketing. He has had a lot of success which he puts down to working smart, and doing as little “work” as possible!