What is the so-called “personal brand” actually? Who is it actually for?
– We can say that almost all of us have a personal brand, but few people realize this and use it effectively. Nowadays, it is not enough to be a super successful specialist in your field – the main thing is to present yourself to the world in a quality and convincing manner.
If you create projects, build a business, if you are a blogger or dream of becoming a media person or climbing the career ladder, a personal brand can be a great tool.
Personal branding provides an opportunity to demonstrate your advantages, stand out, and raise the cost of your project. Correctly “promoted” personalities more easily enter profitable contracts for the sale of the product of their business, since clients have more trust and respect in them.
They can also hire the best people because they feel honored to be a part of such a successful person’s team. They are trusted, and they know that a person-brand always lives up to expectations and does not cause disappointment.
When did you start your entrepreneurship journey?
– I started an entrepreneurial business several years ago. But this year, Agil Mamiev, an expert on personal branding, and I opened a “Reputation Inc.” Media Holding. In addition, we are together with him co-founders of the social platform “Reputation People”, which currently has offices in different cities around the world.
The main goal of Reputation Inc. – creation and PR promotion of personal brands and companies. In addition, we hold various events in which business persons, successful people from different countries of the world participate. Reputation Inc. has established itself in the market as one of the leaders in the field of reputation management when working with large brands, businesses, media, and public figures.
What kind of clients do you work with?
– Our clients are both novice entrepreneurs and active, prudent, successful people. More specifically, among our clients, there are people who are directly related to social activities, as well as representatives of such professions as lawyers, doctors, investment managers, top managers of large organizations.
Is it compulsory to love the product itself the promotion of which you are busy in or is it sufficient to be the professional of your business?
– In my opinion, no matter how professional you are, if you don’t root for your projects, don’t sincerely support them, nothing will come of it. You have to make sure that the whole world enjoys, all people are delighted with the project, and you are proud of the final result.
What can our readers go and do right now to make their personal brand better? What tool is available for everyone?
– A brand is a voluminous concept with a set of important functions that need to be used. The first thing to do is to understand the scale of what you are aiming at. If you’re going into the personal brand territory, tune in to long work.
This includes building a reputation and trust and confirming expertise. But if we talk about what tool is available to everyone without any budgets – this is networking. Ability to make new acquaintances and turn them into the necessary connections. The more people know about you and want to partner with you, the stronger one of the important aspects of branding – influence.
PR is a kind of work that requires a great deal of time, effort, and energy. Please, share a lifehack where can we find inspiration and how to refill our energy?
– Oddly enough, but I find inspiration for work in the work itself. More precisely, in the people with whom I work. The real thrill is when you perceive your business not as a job, but as a hobby. After all, I have the opportunity to come up with, create and implement completely different ideas. Of course, to make healthy decisions at work, you need to exercise. That is why, in my free time, I like to play football, tennis, golf, and also I like jogging. It helps me to rest and relax.
Your short-term and long-term goals?
Together with our team of experts, we are planning plan to expand our ties with international media companies and sign important cooperation contracts with them. In addition, our company Reputation Inc. is developing successfully and we are thinking to increase the number of our employees both in Baku and in other big cities of the world. Of course, we must not forget that by developing successfully we are making a great contribution to the development of the PR sector in our country.
What would you say to those who will want to build a career in the sphere of PR?
– In general, I’m not a fan of giving advice, everyone gets what they choose. But I will recommend, including what I would like to wish for myself because it is never too late to learn. Do not stop there, do not be afraid of anything, try yourself in everything. Learn daily. You can never give up and stop. You need to go forward, develop and work on yourself. It sounds simple, but this is the secret of success.
Follow Vugar Safarli on Instagram.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.