Avalanche has a few meme coins, but none have captured as many hearts and minds as Coq Inu. There are many moving parts and pieces to Coq, and this article will attempt to explain most of them.
Coq Inu is the brainchild of Gribbly and Wojack Satoshi, two Avalanche and Chickn NFT legends (although the Chickn team is not officially affiliated with Coq). Coq Inu was conceived during the Barcelona Avalanche Summit in the depths of the bear market. It’s unclear at this time whether or not copious amounts of liquor and weed were involved.
Anyway, fast forward to December 7th, 2023, and the official Coq Inu Twitter account posted the Coq token contract. As if destined by a glorious Coq God, the contract began with Ox420…almost like this Coq was pre-programmed for success and eternal meme-ification. It was a completely fair launch with Gribbly and Wojack using and burning their own liquidity and also renouncing the contract.
Here it is so that you can admire it:
Coq grew slowly over the next couple of days…but then the Coq exploded on December 15th, gaining thousands of percentage points in just a few days, quickly reaching a $200m MC before entering into its first retracement. With this explosive Coq growth, people began to take notice.
Next up came the CEX listings; too many to count. And the memes, ahh the glorious memes. I’ve never laughed so hard as so many Coq community members produced brilliant content to keep the dopamine hits flowing. Amazing stuff. Just scroll through the Coq Inu Twitter account and you will see what I mean.
And in the past week or so, there have been serious developments. I’ll try my best to recap most of them:
- An anonymous Chad doubles the Coq Hackathon reward to $20 billion Coq.
- Jan 2nd, 2024 – Techno Wizard, and others, commit to getting Coq tattoos if Coq reaches 1 billion MC.
- Jan 2nd, 2024 – BingoDogCoin announces a probable airdrop for $Coq holders.
- Jan 2nd, 2024 – Squid opens the new PePe Portraits Discord channel.
- Jan 1st, 2024 – Coq Inu announces the first Coq Hackathon to build a cool Coq-based project and win a share of 10 billion Coq.
- Jan 1st, 2024 – A PVP game called Grow My Coq was launched.
- Jan 1st, 2024 – Love Monster NFT announces they will soon accept Coq as payment for NFT purchases.
- Jan 1st, 2024 –Balln Chickn finalizes the design and announces sales are open for customizable Coq jerseys, and I had to order one.
- Dec 31st, 2023 – Gribbly announces the winner of the first PePe Portraits giveaway, a prize worth 1 billion Coq.
- Dec 28th, 2024 – SamTheCarpetMan accepts Coq as payment for carpet cleaning services.
- Dec 25th – 31st – Coq tops nearly every major CEX listing for volume traded.
- Dec 30th, 2023 – There are nearly 36k Coq holders.
- Dec 29th, 2023 – CoinDesk does a feature article about Coq.
- Dec 29th, 2023 – ExcelBaller eloquently pontificates.
- Exact time unknown – PePe Portraits (created by Numpty and Squid) are airdropped to those holding more than 75 million Coq based on a December 12th snapshot. PePe Portraits currently has a 5.9 $Avax FP on JoePegs.
Coq is a true meme-coin created by and for the people. The Coq community is strong, funny, motivated, clever, and fierce. Don’t underestimate the collective strength of Coq holders, they are here for the long run and are determined to be successful. Bok Bok!
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.