With the spread of the pandemic, the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers and soap has become vital. Since people are wearing their masks throughout the day while in public, the skin comes under pressure. However, these safety protocols are crucial for limiting the spread of COVID-19. On the other hand, the continued use of face masks, gloves, and sanitizers may damage and irritate the skin. Hence, it becomes crucial that you work on a skincare routine for taking care of your face and hands.
A Proper Skin Care Regime Provided by Dennis Begos
While you have to follow safety protocol to protect yourself from COVID-19, it is significant that you pay attention to your face and hands. International authorities recommend that using alcohol-based hand sanitizers and washing hands with water and soap for a minimum of twenty seconds is vital. Hence, you have to take care of the following points:
- Use gentle soap: You may use lukewarm water or cool water while washing your hands. Keep in mind that hot water is ineffective on the germ. Moreover, it increases the risk of skin damage. Try to avoid antibacterial cleanser as they contain chemicals which may interfere with your skin.
- Significance of gloves: Gloves are not only significant while in public, but you can wear them while cleaning the house. While spraying disinfectants in the house, you have to wear gloves as the ingredients may be harsh on your skin.
- Moisturize: The point is significant for those individuals who have dry skin. Following hand wash, you may use moisturizer frequently. Applying them will not only keep the skin moist but well protect the hand from dryness. Try to use moisturizers that are hypoallergenic and thereby free of dyes and fragrances.
- Skin protection: While taking care of your skin, you may combine moisturizers to provide that outer layer on your hands. Try to look for glycerin, urea, and hyaluronic acid. You may use heavier moisturizers to prevent water loss. There are oil-containing cream and jelly available in the market, which you can use for keeping the hands moist. Dennis Begosdraws the attention of readers towards facial care and hand care.
- Skincare schedule: With hands, you have to moisturize and cleanse your face. Hence, try to select products that are gentle on your skin pores. Try to keep away from petroleum products as they have heavy-duty ingredients.
- Bandage and ointment: For preventing skin injuries, you may use bandages and ointments. A thin layer of soothing chemicals like zinc oxide will help to protect the skin. Try to place an application between the mask and the skin. Moreover, there are cooling reliefs available in the medical stores, which you can use for comforting your skin.
In addition to this, you have to treat your acne and blisters. You may take professional help from medical practitioners and health workers if your skin is severely damaged. Treatment of the affected area needs immediate attention. Keep in mind that skin therapies and prescription medicines can help you treat the problem.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.