Utilize the Qualifying Sequence
Hope for the Best
- Providing open entry to anyone who wants to learn via free online training
- Being willing to spend 5 minutes with anyone to answer their questions
- Believing that the “impossible” can be achieved if you have enough heart to keep iterating until success
Prepare for the Worst
- Making sure we don’t have any projects that aren’t governed by a checklist process
- Breaking down all our processes into small steps that are easily repeatable
- Creating training against each of the particular tasks, so that specialists have to get certified in each skill
- Having a filtering process to excuse “nightmare” clients where we ensure they have the right expectations and will adhere to our model
Opinions expressed here are the opinions of the author. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and can not investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the author to disclose. VIP Contributors and Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles, are professional fee-based.
Dennis Yu is the Chief Technology Officer of BlitzMetrics, a digital marketing company which partners with schools to train young adults. Dennis’s program centers around mentorship, helping students grow their expertise to manage social campaigns for enterprise clients like the Golden State Warriors, Nike, and Rosetta Stone.
He has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, National Public Radio, TechCrunch, Fox News, CBS Evening News and is co-author of Facebook Nation – a textbook taught in over 700 colleges and universities. Besides being a Facebook data and ad geek, you can find him eating chicken wings or playing Ultimate Frisbee in a city near you.