Phentermine is a medication to treat obesity that can be used only for a few weeks. The name is basically derived from the drug found in Phentermine which is phentermine-tertiary-butylamine. Phentermine is an amphetamine-like medicine which is a prescription-based medicine basically used to suppress appetite.
It is sold under many brand names like Adipex-P, Ionamin and Lomaira depending upon the concentration of Phentermine used in the formulation and the combination drug used in that specific medication.
Phentermine is taken orally for a few weeks and is only prescribed for not more than 12 weeks. After a time span the effects of Phentermine vanish and it does not treat obesity anymore. Phentermine is prescribed in combination with other medications like Topiramate. This combination is known as Qsymia.
Phentermine basically helps you lose weight by suppressing your appetite. Phentermine when enters the body, makes your brain release more and more dopamine, norepinephrine and other chemicals that male you feel excited and full.
This phenomenon leads to appetite suppression and the Phentermine consumer feels full. In this way the user eats less and burns more calories and ultimately loses weight.
Phentermine is not used alone as a complete regime of weight loss, but as a part of a whole weight-loss plan which is also composed of heavy exercises, workout sessions and low calories diet. Phentermine is only indicated to obese people who have tried several ways for the weight loss but could not get to their goal of slim body.
Phentermine is a prescription medicine and not an OTC pill bought from some website. It is not for the people who just want to lose a few pounds of weight. It is just a last hope for obese people who have not lost weight from any other way.
Phentermine is classified into Schedule IV drugs which mean that it can be potentially used for drug abuse. The potential seems to be very low but it is not to be fooled around with.
The Benefits of Phentermine:
Phentermine is a unique medication for weight loss and its mechanism of action is very unique as compared to other medications available for the same purpose. Therefore, it has pretty unique and non-comparable benefits that it has on its to-do list once we consume it. These benefits of Phentermine are listed and discussed in detail below:
- The consumption of phentermine leads to satisfying weight loss results. The weight loss ultimately results in the development of healthy habits. Obesity has many health related risks and problems that lead to an unhealthy lifestyle and development of diseases in your body. Once you start losing weight, your body’s status shifts from unhealthy to healthy and risk of diseases lead by obesity also decreases.
- Weight gain (obesity) has many side effects on your health, looks (appearance) and confidence. Obesity is not just about your health and diseases, but also about your social life. Looks are not just about appearance, they have a great deal of effect on your social life, your lifestyle, interaction with folks in your society and your confidence in public and your friends. Phentermine blesses you back with a slim body by weight loss that ultimately leads to a better lifestyle, improved social life and more confidence among the public. With phentermine you don’t have to stay in complex about your body shape and looks.
- Many people use long-term medications which can cause serious damage to their body which is more damage than the benefit. These long-term medications include over the counter weight-loss fat-burning pills. There are several examples where such medications and pills have caused more damage than good. Phentermine, on the other hand, is prescribed for a short span that is 12 weeks. After this span, the medicine does not have any effect on your obesity. When phentermine is used once, you will not need any long-term medication to treat your obesity.
- In some cases of using weight loss pills, it becomes vital to prescribe regular use caffeine after the prescription has stopped, to stop any more weight gain. But with phentermine you don’t have to use caffeine afterwards to keep the results of the medication. Consumption of caffeine more than the supposed is very dangerous for your health. Use of phentermine over any other weight-loss pill makes you get rid of the consumption of caffeine afterwards.
- The components of Phentermine keep the user full of energy and fulfilled. This helps in not getting lazy with the continuous weight-loss and the user feels energetic all the time.
- Phentermine provides your body with enough stamina to pull off exhausting exercises and heavy workout routines in order to lose weight. Normally our body gets tired of exercises and we are not able to work out anymore. But after consumption of Phentermine 37.5 mg it becomes easier to work out for a longer time with all the stamina and energy running through your body because of Phentermine.
- All the fitness freaks, bodybuilders and whoever works out have to deal more often with muscle cramps and fatigue after the workout sessions and exhausting exercises. With phentermine, you can say goodbye to cramps and post workout fatigue. Use of phentermine lessens the chances of painful cramps and fatigue so that you can work out and get healthy without having to deal with these painful experiences.
- Low-calorie diet is one of the main components of a successful weight-loss plan. Phentermine helps your body to adopt the habit of consuming a low-calorie diet. This helps your body to consume less and burn more calories which ultimately leads to weight-loss.
- As this medication is taken orally, there will be no need to use needles. Needles can be a notorious source of infections. If a non-sterile needle is used to inject anything into your body, it can lead to serious infections and sometimes can be fatal too. Oral route of administration of Phentermine prevents the risk of these complications.
- There are many over the counter weight-loss fat-burning pills that many people use. One does not need a prescription to buy these pills. One the contrary, Phentermine (Adipex-P, Ionamin and Lomaira) cannot be bought without prescription. A prescription keeps in check your use, frequency, dosage and span of the consumption of that specific medication. It keeps a record of how long you have been using a medication and how long you have to use it more in order to get your results. It is a necessary evil in this case because long-term usage of any medication can cause serious complications.
Phentermine for treating Eating disorders:
Phentermine can be used in combination with Topiramate in the form of Qsymia to treat people who have eating disorders like Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and Bulimia Nervosa.
BED is the disorder in which the patient eats too much and then it becomes discomforting for him/ her. The feeling of losing control during the binge and feeling shame or guilt afterwards are associated with this disease.
Bulimia Nervosa is characterised with the same binge eating effect like BED but it also includes self-induced vomiting to compensate for the effect of binge eating.
In a study of 12 weeks, obese and overweight patients with BED and Bulimia Nervosa were given Phentermine + Topiramate (Qysmia). The symptoms were reduced, the patients lost a lot of weight and their condition improved a lot.
Tips for Efficient weight loss:
No doubt that Phentermine is helpful to people for weight-loss, but it is still a complementary treatment. There are some other initiatives that you must take in order to lose weight but stay healthy in the whole process of weight-loss. Here are some tips to get the best out of Phentermine:
- A healthy, low-calorie and nutrient-dense diet must be maintained in order to lose weight at a faster rate and stay healthy as well. It must include fruits, vegetables, wholegrains and lean protein sources.
- Regular workout sessions and heavy exercises on a daily basis must be kept in check. Never miss your workout routine when you’re on phentermine medication. If you don’t work out on a daily basis, then consuming phentermine alone is a waste of your time, money and effort.
- Less nutrient-dense food like fast food, junk food and street food must be avoided in order for phentermine to work and show results.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages, carbonated drinks and alcohol must be avoided while consuming phentermine.
Phentermine is not just all good and nothing bad kind of medication. Every comfort comes with a price to be paid. People who use Phentermine for a longer time have reported some side effects as well. These side effects are listed below:
- The user might experience an increased heart rate.
- Tingling or prickling feeling in hands or feet can also be felt in some cases.
- The user might experience dry mouth and thirst all the time.
- Nights of the user might turn into a sleepless span of time.
- Nervousness can also be a side effect of Phentermine.
- The user might suffer from dehydration along with constipation.
Phentermine is not recommended to patients of heart disease, high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, and glaucoma. It is also not recommended to pregnant or breastfeeding ladies, and obese patients under the age of 16 years.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.