Companies can sometimes focus too much on driving up website visitor figures. But any good SEO agency will tell you that Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) is a crucial building block towards success.
Visitors alone don’t mean much. You need people to act for your business to succeed. This is what CRO can help you with.
You can turn a great website into a profitable one with the correct implementation of CRO. The process turns website visitors from passive browsers to those who take the desired action. Whether you want them to buy a product, sign up for a newsletter or request information, CRO helps you make this action easy and desirable.
What is CRO?
CRO is a marketing process focused on analysis and optimisation. It examines visitor behaviour and seeks to understand what makes a person perform the desired action.
You can use it to persuade more visitors to take action. It helps you narrow down the strategies that work for your business.
Why should you care about CRO?
The world of digital marketing can sometimes seem like a tough place to navigate. Talk to professionals and an SEO agency can give you a list of things you should do. But it’s a good idea to look beyond and get to the bottom of why a certain strategy works.
For CRO, the figures tell the tale of why it’s important.Venture Beat research shows CRO tools have an average Return on Investment (ROI) of 223%.
Compare that to non-digital ads, which marketers surveyed by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) said delivers the worst ROI, and you can see how useful CRO can be for your business.
A good SEO agency will tell you that with the correct CRO your business could:
- Target the right kind of audience instead of simply bringing in more traffic. You get visitors who are already interested and looking to take action.
- Gain a better understanding of your visitors and customers/users. You can use the information to further refine and polish your product/service.
- Improve the user experience for your visitors. The happier your visitors are, the more time they’ll spend on your site and recommend it to others.
- Position your brand better. Your website will be better positioned to talk about your business goals and ideology.
- Reduce your spending while increasing your profits with better ROI. You’ll end up spending money on things that work instead of just throwing it at marketing.
The beauty of CRO is its power to improve and enhance many different aspects.
You’re not only going to benefit directly through the increase in conversions. You’re also going to benefit from polishing your website and brand image. This is because CRO helps you analyse and understand your website. You can see what are the things your customers appreciate and engage with.
Fine-tuning your website like this will help strengthen your brand image. You’re not just going to get your visitors to perform the desired action, but you’ll also leave a good taste in their mouth. They know they can trust your website to deliver without wasting their time.
How to optimise your site for Conversion Rates?
Despite the benefits of CRO, only about 22% of businesses are happy with their conversion rates.
As we mentioned at the start, many companies tend to focus on increasing traffic rather than optimising conversion rates. Sometimes you might implement CRO but go about it the wrong way.
But what should you do? What are some of the best tips to do so? Let’s discuss the best course of action:
Using a clear call to action (CTA)
It’s hard to get people to do what you want if you don’t make the action obvious. Clear CTA nudges people into the direction you want them to go. Make sure to use them on your website.
Polishing your website
Having a polished website means focusing on:
- Using clear H1 Headers. They show people what the site is about in a single glance.
- Adding real and unique images. Avoid using stock photos and only select images that add value to the site.
- Engaging with informative content. Content is still the king and you should engage your visitors with fun and informative content.
- Securing your site. Use encryption to guarantee the site is safe to use.
It is a good idea to let a good SEO agency look at your website and help you build it. You also need to ensure your website is mobile responsive. Responsiveness is crucial, as Google found that even a 3-second delay in website loading time can increase the probability of the visitor bouncing by 32%.
Tracking visitor behaviour
CRO is impossible without tracking analytics. The process requires you to measure visitor metrics. This includes things like time spent on a given site, the path visitors took to get to make an action and so on. Tracking visitor behaviour helps you know what elements work and change the ones that aren’t converting.
This is a Contributor Post. Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Contributor. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Contributor to disclose. Contributors, amongst other accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.