Today, every business sooner or later gets into the online domain. Brands must come into the public gaze online to get to know about their existence. And that is the reason why most brands should opt-in for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). If you check online, you might come across complicated definitions of SEO that might confuse you. If you are new to SEO and you must understand SEO in a non-complicated manner. Hence, for beginners, SEO’s process is to enhance your website performance so that it appears in the top or close to the top positions in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
As you search on Google, you will get returning results. The order in which these results come gets based on a set of complex algorithms. And these algorithms consider several rules before determining which webpage will get highlighted in the first or second position. When you optimize your website for a search engine, you will have an advantage over non-optimized websites. It can also maximize your ranks. To know more about it, you can check out South Lakes SEO.
Types of SEO
You can categorize SEO into three types
- Technical SEO–It ensures that the search engine crawls and indexes your website without any problems.
- On-site SEO –It comprises rules to apply to your content and website to be search engine-friendly.
- Off-site SEO – It helps to promote your blog and website to move to an increased rank.
The relevance of SEO
The market today is competitive and dynamic. Hence, SEO marketing has become crucial than ever. Search engines cater to several users every day who search for answers to their queries. If you have an online store, blog, or website, SEO can enable you to attain organic targeted traffic from the search engines.
SEO is essential because:
- Most search engine users are likely to click on the best five suggestions in the search engine result pages. Your site needs to show up in top positions to leverage this and attract more consumers to your website’s online store and visitors.
- SEO isn’t just about search engines but also about correct SEO practices to enhance the user experience and website usability.
- The users trust the search engines and having a presence on the best positions for a keyword which the user is searching, maximize the site’s trust.
- SEO is essential for the social promotion of your website. People who come across your website by searching through Bing and Google will promote it on the social media channels.
- SEO is essential to help your website run smoothly. The websites with more than a single author can seek advantage from SEO both indirectly and directly. The direct benefit is a growth in organic traffic. The indirect benefit is attaining a standard checklist to use before publishing content on the website.
Last but not least, SEO can help you attain a competitive edge over others. If two websites sell the same product, the optimized website is more likely to have customers and witness increased sales.
Opinions expressed here are opinions of the Author. Influencive does not endorse or review brands mentioned; does not and cannot investigate relationships with brands, products, and people mentioned and is up to the Author to disclose. Accounts and articles may be professional fee-based.