Consider what trends will become popular in the world of SEO, and what you should pay attention to when optimizing and promoting sites in search engines. This will be especially interesting for those who are just starting their career in SEO.
By the way, if you’re a student and trying to combine work and studying, feel free to use some services that will help you to save your time. For example, edit my essay service.
So the number of ranking factors and the amount of requirements of search engines to online resources is increasing every year. Just 5-7 years ago SEO optimization and site promotion was reduced to the placement of small texts, flooded with keywords and mass purchase links on the pages to be promoted, and the quality of donor sites not particularly checked.
Reach the top 10 in Google then was relatively easy, but now, because of the strong competition, those days are irrevocably gone.
For a successful resource ranking by search engines should make every effort, because the algorithms of the PС The purpose of improvements is very simple – to display to users the results of issuing the best results that best match their search queries.
To successfully improve the rating of an Internet resource and meet the expectations of visitors, it is important to consider SEO trends and know which channels, tools, and promotion methods are losing relevance and which are only gaining momentum.
SEO optimization and website promotion – trends in 2021
Before we start exploring new trends, let’s take a look at which of this year’s announced updates are flowing smoothly into the next one:
- Core Web Vitals – an algorithm that was launched in May 2020 and is currently being actively developed and improved. You can read an article about the Core Web Vitals update on our blog.
- Page Experience is a new ranking updated in May 2021.
- Moving web resources to a mobile-first index updated in March 2021, although originally planned for September 2020.
- Passage Indexing – update PC for indexing fragments, which will help Google better understand pages with good, but poorly structured, “smeared” content. This year’s update did not take place; it is likely to be postponed until next year.
- Thus, SEO optimization, the cost of which depends on the complexity and amount of work in 2021 should be carried out with an emphasis on future algorithms so that by their release, the web resource as much as possible met the current requirements of the search system. Now consider what to do and how to do it most effectively.
1.SEO optimization for Google – expert, authoritative, reliable content
Search engines search for and display the most relevant pages that maximize user satisfaction. The higher the quality and usefulness of the content, the higher will be the audience engagement and the number of repeat sessions. Google does not like and negatively perceives poorly written text, and if the information on the page is not relevant to the search phrases used, it will not show it in the results.
The worst thing that can be to promote an Internet resource – the publication and placement on the pages of short, spammed with keyword phrases texts. This method of promotion is so outdated that to apply it now – mauvais ton. Moreover, with the release of Passage Indexing, processing long reads are likely to become more effective.
By the way, SEO optimization and promotion of sites through content involve not only the publication of unique texts: reviews, case studies, news, manuals, articles, research, and other materials. In addition, it should involve other formats of content:
- infographics, charts, diagrams;
- photos, images;
- gallery of product offerings;
- interactive maps;
- thematic calculators of services, goods.
Thus, the web page will become more diverse, interesting to the user. Let’s say, if he is lazy to read, he looks at infographics or video reviews. Search engines are best-ranked content, which visitors finish reading to the end and share on third-party resources. This is a signal to the crawlers that the material is useful and relevant to the target audience.
Also Read: LEARN THE RIGHT WAY TO PERFORM SEO AUDIT
SEO optimization of website content will be incomplete if you ignore the concept of E-A-T. It appeared several years ago, and in May 2019 became part of the algorithm for assessing page quality – Page Quality. However, the concept is still trending in 2021.
The essence of E-A-T is the expertise, authenticity, and authority of text materials. For example, the article for the medical platform should be written by a doctor or an author with medical education, the instruction to connect the equipment – by an engineer, the text for the legal web resource – by a lawyer, a lawyer, or a copywriter with appropriate education. By the way, Google has the right to request a certificate confirming the author’s qualifications.
To adapt your content to E-A-T requirements, it is recommended that you:
- Fill out the “About” section with detailed information about the company and its activities.
- Implement the addition of testimonials. The more real, positive reviews contained on pages, the higher the value of the resource for the PC.
- Form a good reputation. Positive mentions of the company were on third-party, authoritative sources.
- Build up quality link mass. Backlinks from trusted, relevant Internet resources increase the credibility of the website for search engines.
- Provide information about the experts who wrote the article: title, education, work experience, etc., publish opinion leaders, check the relevance of texts posted several years ago.
When optimizing content for the E-A-T, it is important to understand that it will not work fast after making changes on this factor. It will work after several updates.
2. Local SEO – Google My Business and Maps
Due to the quarantine and pandemic during 2020, local search has become much more in demand. People have begun to search for services close to where they are. Google is supporting this trend, by the way, by encouraging users to help local businesses by ordering services or buying goods near them. Several adjustments have been made to local search in response:
The Google My Business app has added the ability to contact the audience directly.
Map and search statistics have been improved, becoming more detailed and comprehensive.
A new personalized feed has been integrated into the “What’s Nearby” section, which lets users quickly find out what’s going on nearby. It adds the latest posts, reviews, photos from local experts, food vendors, and people that the Google Maps user is subscribed to.
In addition, according to observations of SEO-optimizers, Google began to show in the local results the age of companies and the tag Google Guaranteed, which can have a positive impact on the number of clicks and build audience loyalty. However, these options are still at the testing stage.
3. SEO optimization of the website with an emphasis on mobile devices
After the Mobile-Friendly Update, it has been several years, but even now there are online resources that do not have a quality mobile version, especially these “sin” self-written web platforms.
To encourage webmasters to create a functional, convenient and beautiful adaptive in September 2019 Google launched the Mobile-First Index algorithm. Considering that by March 2021 it was finally switched to it, adaptation for mobile gadgets is an important SEO trend at the moment.
Statistics show that the share of mobile organic traffic in the B2C niche is already reaching 80%. More and more often people are using smartphones to surf the web because the ergonomics and performance of portable devices now allow for comfortable and effective access to websites on any topic.
SEO optimization Google Mobile-First – what you need to do:
- Ensure that the page loads quickly. Here it should be understood that mobile devices have slower internet speed than PCs, which means – the resource must have less “weight” and load even faster. After all, the user’s decision can affect milliseconds. And Mobile Friendly, in this case, decides whether a person will visit your online resource or not.
- Place texts, menu sections, buttons, and conversion elements in such a way as to maintain a user-friendly distance between them. Nothing should interfere with the clicks and navigation of visitors. It is also not recommended to hide content in tabs, carousels, and other components of the interface.
- Thoroughly test the functionality of the adaptive version. Not always the functionality implemented on the desktop works correctly on mobile devices.
- Focus the user’s attention on the most important thing, the one that solves his problem. Since the screen of mobile gadgets is smaller than the PC, interface elements implemented for beauty should be tested for their usefulness to visitors.
Thus, if your site does not have an adaptive version, or it is still on the m.site.com subdomain, you need to solve this problem by September 2021, otherwise, your web resource will not receive organic traffic, and its position will be lowered by the search engine.